The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) is currently running campaigns in multiple regions across Australia to assess compliance and help employers and employees understand their legal rights and obligations.
According to the FWO, the campaigns include compliance and education activities, such as providing a range of tools, resources and assistance to businesses to ensure compliance with workplace relations laws.
The FWO has published details of campaigns currently underway in the following regions:
- LaTrobe/ Gippsland region (VIC)
- Shepparton region (VIC)
- Shoalhaven/ Southern Highlands region (NSW)
- Brisbane Metro region (QLD)
- Dubbo/Moree-Narrabri region (NSW)
- Albany/Manjimup region (WA)
- Alice Springs/Barkly region (NT)
These areas have been chosen based on identification of at-risk or disadvantaged groups, as well as spikes in requests for assistance received by the FWO from employees and employers in these areas. Find out more detail on each campaign here.
Fair Work Inspectors may contact your business for many reasons, including:
- To assess compliance with:
- Minimum wages
- Penalty rates
- Record keeping and pay slip obligations
- To provide your business with advice on the FWO tools and resources
Please be aware that the FWO also deploys unannounced campaigns, such as the Ballarat campaign.
Want to ensure you are compliant? Have concerns about your legal obligations as an employer? We are specialists in employment law and experts in retail.
Contact the NRA legal team on 1800 RETAIL or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRA members receive free telephone advice.